Monday, December 22, 2008

Spectacle dilemma

And Anish learns yet again!

Another Sunday morning-I get up and realize that this is the first Sunday in a loong loong time that I need not go for Debating Club meet. The meets are over for this semester.

I go back to sleep and get up again at ten after dad literally yells for the hundredth time!!! :D

Breakfast, movie, Lunch, Movie, LT
And suddenly i discover it is evening four-thirty!!! dad's appointment with the Ophthalmologist. As we leave, neighbor asks me to get my eyes checked too for my muscle power. I say, yay!! :)

Off we go...
Dad's tests were dragging. I actually dozed off for fifteen minutes. I wake up to realize it is six thirty and dad has another test to go. I too take an appointment to get my eyes checked just like that. Moreover, it'd been 20 odd months since i last got my eyes checked. I might have my lens power increased. So, why not!

And as soon as I register, dad is done with the test.Damn!!
And then there was a looooooooong wait including three peeks into a weird machine, tests for power of lens, and five sets of eye drops!!
And my eyes were burning like they would if chilly paste was put into them.

I was cursing myself for having got into this mess.
It was already eight o clock.

Finally I was called in.

I brace up, ready for my new increased power(of lens :P)

And the first thing doc says(asks rather!) is,
"Anish! Why do you wear such high powered lenses?"

I was baffled.

Then I get the shock of the month.

I was told I was wearing -2.75 powered lenses where only -1.75 ones were needed!!!
I confirmed thrice!!

Then I realized that the last time I got my power changed I'd taken the word of an optician only.

Darn!!!!

Angry, relieved, screwed, all at the same time.

My medicines and new specs took up all the money we'd brought!! :D

Moreover, because of the five sets of drops, my vision was blurry and had difficulty driving back home. :|

Got to home, exhausted, relieved and with empty pockets :D

Then we'd not been to Moti Mahal- The tandoor trail, for a loong time.
It's really a fine chain of restaurants in India.

Had a hearty dinner there.
Returned home very happy.

Thought of posting last night, but decided to rest my eyes.

The blogger is all fine now :)

No comments: