Monday, January 19, 2009

Discombobulated

As I am done with the vagaries and think of calling it a day, here comes a strange desire in me at one thirty in the night (or should you say, morning) to blog! Quite a puzzling period.

Two days back I typed out a whole post, yet I chose not to publish it. :O Now that I've got absolutely nothing in my mind but utter disregard for the fate of the reader whose mind may be subjected to the utmost level of discomfort and confusion if he/she chooses to read this and not skip.


Now, getting to the point (which I seldom do and don't expect me to get to one in this post too), why am I typing this?

This is a time ( and it has been so for more than an year now, so nothing new about it) when conflicting theories add to the vagueness in mind and spice up wholesome misery for the thinker.

Excellence, Family, Maverick, Sacrifice, Values

The above words ( if you have noticed, are in alphabetical order and hence don't assume anything) have been central in my life for about 3 years now. And here a cliched phrase pokes its nose: 'You can't have everything!' Never have I justified all the five together. And perhaps there lies a flaw.

Here I recall a line once said by Sachin Tendulkar in an interview, "You can't miss things you've never done!"
I'd read this more than 4 years back in an issue of Wisden Asia Cricket( A cricket magazine, for the uninitiated) and it still lingers in my mind where I wage a battle against its plausibility almost everyday.

Nowadays, there is a harmonic motion of thoughts that I fail to put in words.
All I know now is that the coming 18 months will be momentous should I choose to stress on its importance.
And irrespective of how I fare, what is important is that I get all those 5 words together and hence,gun down a debilitating notion that creeps into the mind amidst the wandering thoughts- SELF DOUBT.


All right! Now that it's becoming increasingly difficult for you to make any sense out of this post, I'll arrive at two points which shall be comprehensible to a rational mind.

* Done with sessionals. For a change, I did well :)
* Watched Slum Dog millionaire the same day sessionals ended. Found it not as good as it was hyped to be. The same as for Dark Knight as I said in an earlier post. Riveting nevertheless!

Rest, I choose not to ramble through a messy account of what I have been doing.


And here comes the most awaited part :)

Thank you for sticking till the end. That's perseverance for you. I know this post is in complete contradiction to the previous one where you might have been led to believe that I've changed for the better. But however sensible or senseless you may have found it to be, this post has served the purpose for me. :)

See you Amigo!

PS-Don't worry if you don't know the meaning of the title. Neither did I until I hit upon it while searching for the weirdest synonym of 'Puzzled'. :D

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Today when i visited your blog..
the first thing i did was to open a new tab to search for the word from dictionary.com...neways pjs apart
life there are very few lucky ones who figure out thing soon in life and after that their life is straight forward...but then..,what about after that???...i mean the fun of life lies in its unpredictable nature... :-)

Jil Jil Ramamani said...

Slumdog Millionaire was decent but dont you think they crammed way too many stereotypes into one movie - Muslim boy, parents killed in riot, etc etc

Btw, read ur blog in the morning, woke me up alright.. and yeah, I am a blogger in Jodhpur.

Anish said...

Well, I didn't post a review on Slum dog millionaire :-)

Yes, it appears too crammed up, but that might be the reality.

Woke you up?

Anish said...

@Vatsal

there are very few lucky ones who figure out thing soon in life and after that their life is straight forward...but then..,what about after that???...i mean the fun of life lies in its unpredictable nature... :-)


I concur though I didn't quite understand it :D :P

Jil Jil Ramamani said...

Nah, dunno anyone else from Jodhpur. In fact, Im not from Jodhpur originally, just study here.

Dewdrop said...

A lil disoriented post... hope u got ur balance back thou :)... keep blogging

Anish said...

:D
The most common reaction.

Yes, I got it back :D